Ingredients (makes 4 dozen):
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 1/4 cups sifting flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner sugar
- 1tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Mix the butter and vanilla together thoroughly. Sift together the sugar, flour, and salt, and mix in. Mix in chopped nuts. Chill dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until set but not brown (about 10-12 minutes).
- While still warm, roll in confectioner sugar. Cool and roll in sugar again.