Looking for something homemade AND super easy to make for a get together this Fall? This three (yes, THREE) ingredient apple cake is the easiest and best thing you’ll eat all season. WE PROMISE.
- Five apples of your choice (we used Pink Lady apples because that’s what looked good at the grocery store and they’re good for baking, but you can use whatever your heart desires). Here is a guide from Midwest Living on the best apples for baking.
- Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix.
- Stick of butter, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Dice up apples and put in bottom of greased dish (you can take the skin off or leave it on depending on your preference). Pour cake mix over top of apples.
- Melt the stick of butter and pour over the top of the cake mix, covering as much of the cake mix as you can.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until you deem done. Serve warm and devour every bite! It’s worth it!
- You can top the whole cake with a little but of cinnamon, if you wish.
- Serve with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Technically, it’s probably somewhat cheating to use a box of cake mix, but let’s be real, when has Betty Crocker ever failed you in the taste bud department? Didn’t think so : )