These gingerbread cookies are a real crowd pleaser. The best part? They don’t require you to roll out the dough and cookie cutters! And, they’re HUGE!
The better than best part? These are in the BSH office this week if you want to stop by and sample them!
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1.5 cups shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup coarse or granulated sugar (for rolling dough balls in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together first six ingredients (through salt).
- In a large bowl, beat shortening with a mixer on low for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and molasses. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls using 1/4 cup dough per cookie. Rolls balls in the coarse sugar and place 2 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are light brown, puffed and a little crinkled on top. (Do not over bake or cookies will not be chewy.) Cook on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove; cool on wire racks.